Lifestyle & Fashion Blogger

Pages

Shop My Wardrobe

25 February 2020

I Stopped Giving A Sh*t About My Body Flaws And I'm Happier Now

I had my annual MOT at the hospital earlier this month. In other words, it was my annual review where they go over my health over the past 12 months and carry out every single test they can possibly think of on me.



Anyway, at the review, I got weighed, as I do at every appointment I have at the hospital. I got told by my dietitian whilst putting my shoes and socks back on that I had lost weight. Now, to normal, healthy people, this would be seen as a triumphant moment. In my case, a little panic set in. I kind of knew the reason why I had lost weight, purely because I wasn't eating enough. I haven't been dieting or anything. If only I could. A lot of things have been happening in my life lately and it's meant that I haven't felt like eating much. I've made a little promise to myself that I'll put a pound or two back on before Easter.

I Stopped Giving A Sh*t About My Body Flaws And I'm Happier Now

20 February 2020

How Having A Pet Can Help Mental Health

I do say quite a lot that I will eventually end up with nine cats rather than a husband. To be honest, that hypothetical scenario is getting more and more likely to happen by the day.




I've had pets all of my life. Well, I say pets like I've had the entirety of the RSPCA and Pets At Home live in my house. 95% of my pets have been cats. The other 5% being goldfish named after trains from Thomas the Tank Engine. Yep, Thomas, Percy, Gordon and I think a Henry also.



How Having A Pet Can Help Mental Health

15 February 2020

The Topic of S-E-X

*Items in this post are gifted with no obligation to post. See disclaimer at the end of the post.



In school, during a biology lesson, or a an PSHE lesson, I can't remember now. Anyhow, I learnt about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. It's basically a five tier triangle stating what we as humans cannot live without. The needs lower down in the hierarchy triangle must be met and satisfied before you can move up further in the triangle (I'm no science expert). The basic needs (the lowest level on the triangle) are food, water, air, shelter, sleep, clothing and...sex.





Yes, I said it, sex. It's something a lot of us have on regular basis (please don't message me your sexual timetable, I don't need to know) we all need it, as Maslow's hierarchy of needs states.


The Topic of S-E-X

11 February 2020

Little Improvements I Want To Make

I'm a believer in continuous improvement. I believe that there is always room to make little fine tunings in my daily life. It could be something as simple as adding an extra task to my routine, remembering to put the recycling out, reading more or cleaning my makeup brushes more often (a very tedious task).



Now, I'm not saying completely overhaul your life because it needs a mega DIY SOS renovation, but maybe there is something you would like to improve in your life, maybe make a little change which may benefit yourself. It doesn't have to be a deadly serious choice, like deciding whether to be buried or cremated. Ok, that is a bit morbid, I apologise. But you get my drift, it could be something like spending less money on clothes, practicing self care or going for a walk every day.


Little Improvements I Want To Make

6 February 2020

My Ways Of Maintaining A Healthy & Fun Lifestyle

*The items in this post have been gifted. See disclaimer below. 





I bet there were a few laughs and scoffs when you read the title. How can somebody like me, someone with a life threatening illness possibly maintain a healthy lifestyle?! But hear me out.





Maintaining a healthy and fun lifestyle doesn't have to be a chore. I know some people (including myself) have given up the goal of changing one aspect of our lifestyle a day or two after New Year. Lifestyle changes don't have to happen on January 1st. You, yes you, can make those changes at any point in the year, Maybe on your birthday, on Valentines or even on 6th August (just a random date) . They don't have to be drastic changes either. Just take a small step at a time, usually doing it that way helps you make the change more easily and you're more likely to make the change permanently.


My Ways Of Maintaining A Healthy & Fun Lifestyle

1 February 2020

Focus - My Word For 2020

*This post is an AD with justyouroutfit. See disclaimer below.


Focus. - meaning = directing a great deal of attention, interest, or activity towards a particular aim.




Yes. It's time for me to gain more focus in my life. Stop being distracted by the little things and just get tasks done, not matter how menial and tedious they are.


Focus - My Word For 2020

Copyright @ Lucy Mary. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign